What is Lotrisone generic?
Lotrisone generic is taken as an antifungal antibiotic drug helps in fighting with fungal infections.
Lotrisone generic is counted as a new steroid that moderates swelling, itching and redness of the skin.
Lotrisone generic is a combination of clotrimazole and betamethasone used in the treatment for fungal skin contaminations such as jock itch, athletes and ringworm.
Lotrisone generic is used for some other health-related issues which may or may not be listed in this guide.
What is the most important information I should know about Lotrisone generic?
- After applying Lotrisone generic, do not cover the area with a cloth or bandage until your healthcare provider has not suggested you.
- Lotrisone generic is for adults who are above 17 years old
- Lotrisone generic is not at all used for diaper rash.
- Lotrisone generic might take 1 to 2 weeks to show its good effects on skin
- Always use the Lotrisone generic as directed by your doctor or on the prescription label
Inform your doctor if you symptoms doesn’t improve after one week for groin treatment and 2 weeks for foot treatment
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using Lotrisone generic?
Avoid usage of Lotrisone generic if you are allergic to
- dietary and herbal supplements
- clotrimazole (such as Lotrimin, Desenex,, Mycelex);
- other topical steroid drugs such as clobetasol (Olux, Temovate), alclometasone (Aclovate), desonide (Desowen), diflorasone (Florone, Psorcon), desoximetasone (Topicort), fluocinolone (Capex, Dermotic, Fluonid, fluocinonide (Dermacin, Lidex), Fluorosyn, Synalar), halobetasol (Ultravate), fluticasone (Cutivate), mometasone (Elocon), halcinonide (Halog), triamcinolone (Aristocort, Kenalog); or
- other topical antibiotics such as ketoconazole (Kuric, Nizoral), econazole (Spectazole), miconazole (Fungoid,Cruex, Monistat)Desenex, Lotrimin, Micatin, or , sertaconazole (Ertaczo), sulconazole (Exelderm).
Before going for the treatment, inform your doctor about the above drugs or any other skin diseases if you are facing. Your doctor might change your dosage or stop the drug or require few more tests during the treatment
According to FDA pregnancy category C Lotrisone generic may harm the fetus. Inform your healthcare provider if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant during the treatment. Unknown evidences are shown whether Lotrisone generic pass into breast milk or harm the baby. Abvoid using of Lotrisone generic without doctor’s advice. Lotrisone generic is for adults who are above 17 years old. Lotrisone generic is not at all used for diaper rash.
What are the possible side effects of Lotrisone generic?
Call for medicinal help in case you feel unwell after intake of Lotrisone generic. This medication is known to cause some allergic reactions such as hives or skin rash, breathing difficulties and swelling in face, throat, lips and tongue.
- Redness or swelling on skin
- Any infection signs
- Severe itching on skin
- Weight gain over the face
- More urination or more thirst or hunge
- Mood swings, anxiety
Some Less serious Lotrisone generic adverse effects may include:
- Irritation on skin
- Dryness on skin
- Skin color changes
- Increment in acne
- Thinning of the skin
Note: Apart from above mentioned, there are few other side effects of Lotrisone generic. If case you feel extremely unwell, immediate medical attention is required. You may report the matter to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 FREE.
What happens if I miss a dose?
In case you miss a dose then take the skipped dose as soon as remembers. But the missed dose should only be taken if the next dose is not scheduled to avoid the side effects of overdose.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222 FREE. An overdose symptom is not fetal.
What should I avoid?
Do not apply the Lotrisone generic on the eyes, nose, lips and mouth. If by mistake you applied, wash it immediately. Lotrisone generic is not for sunburn, dry, irritated, chapped or broken skin
Wear only cotton made clothes as it allows air to pass until your infection doesn’t get treated.
How should I use Lotrisone generic?
Use the drug as recommended by your healthcare provider. Do not changes the dosage of the drug until your doctor advise you. Follow all the instructions carefully as directed.
Wash your hands with water. Shake the lotion bottle before applying on the area.
Take 2-3 drops of Lotrisone generic and rub on the treated area carefully.
Do not cover the treated area with cloth or any bandage
After applying the Lotrisone generic lotion, let the skin to dry before covering. Wear loose clothes when you are treating jock itch. If you are treating foot infection, wear clean and dry cotton socks and keep your feet dry and away from water as much as possible
For jock itch, only 2 weeks are enough and for foot infection 4 weeks are enough, until your doctor has not recommended you to continue. Inform your doctor if you symptoms doesn’t improve after one week for groin treatment and 2 weeks for foot treatment
Keep the drug in a cool place away from heat and light. Tightly close the bottle or tube after use.
Easy to use and very effection on my genital itch. It clearly improves my infection within 2 weeks, though in starting I thought its not working but my doctor was confident and continued with same. And it shown good results after 5 days.
Redness because of ezima removed within 3 days..thanks for such wonderful medication