What is Albuterol generic inhalation?
Albuterol generic is utilized for treating respiratory problems. It makes breathing easier by relaxing muscles and opening air passages. It is a bronchodilator that helps in relieving people from bronchospasm and exercise-induced bronchospasm.Albuterol generic Inhalation is used for some other health-related issues which may or may not be listed in this guide.
It is advisable for people suffering from breathing problems to keep Albuterol generic within one’s reach all time.Regular refilling is crucial so that you never run out of your reliever during emergency. There is no need to taper your other medications. Take other medicines as prescribed.If any of your respiratory medicines do not work effectively in treating or preventing asthma attacks, you should consult your specialist.Consult doctor if you feel the need to increase your dose in a single day. It can be an early sign of serious asthma attack.In case of an overdose, call immediate medical help or call local poison help line at 1-800-222-1222. An overdose of Albuterol generic Inhalation can pose serious threat to your health.Store in a Cool Place. Excessive amount of heat may rupture medicine container. Medicine canister is highly inflammable.
Before using Albuterol generic inhalation
Don’t use Albuterol generic Oral Inhalation if you are allergic to it or any of its ingredients.For safe use of Albuterol generic Inhalation, apprise your doctor about your complete health condition. Certain situations should be reported before taking this medication:
- Hypertension, congestive heart failure or any heart problem
- Disturbances in heart rhythm
- Neurological disorders such as epilepsy
- Diabetes, or;
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
FDA pregnancy category C:
There is suspicion about any adverse effect of Albuterol generic on fetus. It is recommended that an expecting mother must tell doctor about her medical condition or her plans to conceive before taking this medication.It is unclear that whether Albuterol generic is excreted into breast milk or may harm a nursing baby. To avoid any untoward health issue, a mother should not breast feed her baby while she is on Albuterol generic Oral Inhalation.Albuterol generic is not recommended for children below 4-years of age. Albuterol generic solution using nebulizer should not be given to any child younger than 2 years of age
Albuterol generic inhalation side effects
Don’t use Albuterol generic Oral Inhalation if you are allergic to it or any of its ingredients. Call medical attention if you have difficulty in breathing or face swelling of your face, lips, tongue or throat.
In case of serious side effects, seek your doctor’s advice instantly. Such side effects can be:
- Bronchospasm (Chest tightening, wheezing or any other respiratory illness), especially when you start using a new canister for the medication
- Angina, heart pounding or irregular heartbeats
- Nervousness, anxiety or tremors
- Low Potassium (perplexity, uneven pulse rate, extreme thirst, excessive urination, muscle weakness or limp feeling) or;
- Hypertension (severe headache, loss of vision, ringing in the ears, anxiety, perplexity, chest pain, breath shortening, seizures and uneven heart beats)
Less serious side effects are:
- Headache and dizziness;
- Insomnia or loss of sleep;
- Cough & cold, running nose and sore or hoarse throat
- Mild nausea, vomiting
- Dry mouth or throat, excessive thirst
- Muscle pain or;
Note: Apart from above mentioned, there are few other side effects of Albuterol generic Oral Inhalation. If case you feel extremely unwell, immediate medical attention is required. You may report the matter to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088
What happens if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. Skip the missed dose if it is almost the time of your next intake. It is not recommended not to take 2 doses at once.
What happens if I overdose?
In case of an overdose, call immediate medical help or call local poison help line at 1-800-222-1222. An overdose of Albuterol generic Inhalation can pose serious threat to your health.Overdose may result in several health problems. Symptoms are headache, nervousness, nausea, vomiting, throat irritation, chest pain, uneven heart rate, pain spreading to arms and shoulders, dizziness, convulsions, dizziness, and tremors.
What should I avoid?
Keep the medication away from your eyes. In case of occurrence, rinse your eyes thoroughly with cold water and consult an eye specialist.
How should I use Albuterol generic inhalation?
Follow doctor’s prescription while using Albuterol generic Inhalation.Do not raise or taper the amount of dosage yourself.Pursue your prescription manual while taking Albuterol generic. Speak with your doctor about its use, side effects, risks and benefits before getting on this medication.While taking Albuterol generic inhalation for the first time, the primary step is to test spray it 4 times in the air. A patient while doing so must keep the inhaler away from his face.Shake well before use. If you have not used the inhaler for 2 weeks or longer or dropped the inhaler, the patient is advised to test spray it again.
Use only inhaler device for consuming Albuterol generic for the correct dose.Instructions to use shall be taken care of while using the medication. Following are the dos and don’ts for using the Albuterol generic inhaler:
- Shake the device well before each spray
- Remove the cap of the mouthpiece for the intake. Exhale completely. Put the mouthpiece and close your mouth tightly.Inhale and hold your breathe for 10 seconds. Then breathe out slowly.
- Follow the method if you want to have another inhalation. But it should be done after a buffer-time of 1 minute. For second intake, shake the canister again.
- Keep your inhaler clean and dry. Clean your inhaler and nebulizer regularly.Put the mouthpiece under hot running water for 30 seconds for proper hygiene. Store it in cool place with cap on the mouthpiece. Remove excess water and leave it to dry before putting them together again.
- It is necessary to clean your inhaler as there is a possibility it may get blocked and do not release sufficient medication.
How to use Albuterol generic with Nebulizer?
- Ensure the right amount of Albuterol generic. Measure it by using the dropper provided with the medicine or use adequate number of ampules. Attach it with the nebulizer.
- Attach mouthpiece to drug chamber and drug chamber to compressor.
- Sit straight in a comfortable posture. Put mouthpiece inside the mouth and turn on the compressor.
- Inhale slowly and eventually you will consume all the medication. The process usually takes 5 to 15 minutes. Course of medication will get complete when no vapor will be formed by the nebulizer and the drug chamber will get empty.
- Clean the nebulizer after usage.
If any of your respiratory medicines do not work effectively in treating or preventing asthma attacks, you should consult your specialist. Consult doctor if you feel the need to increase your dose in a single day. It can be an early sign of serious asthma attack.An increased need of medication can be an early sign of a severe asthma attack.Regular refilling is crucial so that you never run out of your reliever during emergency. There is no need to taper your other medications. Take other medicines as prescribed.Store the medication at room temperature. Protect it from moisture and heat. Excessive amount of heat may rupture medicine canister. Medicine canister is highly inflammable.
ProAir HFA (Albuterol generic) for COPD, Acute:
now I fly like a free bird,this new packaging of drug is really cute and it make me feel like trendy. I personally never found any side effect of the drug and give it a rating of 10++
Proventil HFA (Albuterol generic) for Asthma, Maintenance:
it is not even worth to buy. It diseased chronic bronchitis to me..not recommendable