Nausea and vomiting occur in many patients, especially those undergoing chemotherapy and other surgical operations. Maxolon is used to treat and prevent nausea and vomiting caused by gastrointestinal disorders, deep X-ray or cobalt therapy for treating congestive heart failures and internal tumors, and the use of anti-cancer drugs during chemotherapy.
Other uses of Maxolon
- Relieve nausea related with a migraine
- To assist in diagnostic procedures that can produce nausea
- To prevent nausea and vomiting caused by surgical anesthetic
- To relieve symptoms of digestive problems such as bloating, heartburn, fullness, abdominal pain,
Composition of Maxolon tablets and injections
Maxolon 10mg tablets contain the active ingredient called Metoclopramide, which is a dopamine antagonist used to prevent nausea and vomiting. As a gastrokinetic, it also helps to stimulate gastrointestinal mobility.
Other ingredients in the tablets include:
- Magnesium stearate
- Silica – colloidal anhydrous
Maxolon Injection and Constituents
The injection contains 10mg/2mL of the active ingredient Metoclopramide.
Ingredients in the injection
- Sodium chloride and
- Purified water for injections
Advice on how to take Maxolon
Maxolon tablets 10mg should be taken 3 times a day with a full glass of water. You should also continue to use this medication for the period recommended by your doctor. Remember to follow your doctor’s instructions strictly when using this medication. Your Maxolon dosage may also depend on factors such as your body weight, age, and the condition the drug is used to treat.
Maxolon Safety information
This drug is safe to use but you must know that some drugs might not be suitable for most people because of their health status or other factors like age. In order not to cause any complication, it is best to seek advice from your doctor to know if you can take the drug or not.
The 5 types of patients to avoid Maxolon
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Those who have allergy or asthma
- Patients with problems of the liver or kidney
- Patients who have irregular heart rhythm
- Patients who already have epilepsy or Parkinson’s disease
If you fall into any of this category of people, it will be beneficial to seek advice from a doctor on what to do.
All drugs including Maxolon can cause side effects but only a few people might experience any. The drug is safe but you must be very careful of the product you take. You can buy Maxolon over the counter, but make sure the drug is genuine to avoid any unwanted side effects or complications.Your doctor already knows that the benefits of using this medication are far more than the risk that’s why it was prescribed. However, side effects may include:
Maxolon overdose and advice
If you feel you already have too much of this medication in your system, it will be better to seek medical attention immediately. Overdose symptoms can include confusion, drowsiness, headache, dizziness, agitation, headache, constipation, vomiting, tremor, and nausea.
The 4 things to do when using Maxolon
- Inform your doctor if nausea or vomiting persist
- Before you start taking any other medicine, inform your doctor that you are already taking this drug.
- If you plan to have surgery, inform the surgeon that you are using this drug.
- If you get pregnant while using this drug, inform your doctor quickly.
Where to purchase this drug
Maxolon drug is very popular. You can buy the drug online or at local pharmacy store. A lot of people order drugs online because they get it at a lesser price. They also benefit from discounts and coupons offered by some reputable online pharmacy stores.There are large numbers of online pharmacy stores selling Maxolon. But you must be careful and do proper research to know the authenticity of where you are buying from. You can buy Maxolon tablets Australia or from any other location but what is most important is the quality of the drug.