For treating certain kinds of stomach and esophageal problems, Nexium has been proven to be very active. The drug was also approved for treating gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and it can be combined with antibiotics to treat patients suffering from H.pylori infection.
Signs & Symptoms of GERD
The signs and symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease include:
- Chest pain
- Dry cough
- Difficulty swallowing
- Feeling of a lump in your throat
- Regurgitation of sour liquid or food
How Nexium pills can help
Nexium is one of those proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) that are very effective in treating acid reflux disease. The drug works by simply stopping the acid pumps in the acid-producing cells of the stomach. This action also caused the amount of acid in the stomach to reduce.
How fast does Nexium otc works?
OTC Nexium is fast in action. In fact, for some people, it can provide relief from persistent heartburn pain produced by the acid reflux disease within 24 hours.
4 other reasons to buy Nexium
- Reduces the risk of gastric ulcers
- It can also treat Zollinger-Ellison syndrome
- Relieves difficulty swallowing & heartburn
- Heals damages caused by acid to the esophagus and stomach
Nexium generic availability
The generic version of this drug is available and works the same way as the brand version. But know that not all generic will work the same way because they are produced by different manufacturers. The generic versionis less expensive but ensure that the drug and company you are buying from is genuine. Esomeprazole is the Nexium generic name
Nexium over the counter & FDA approval
In the year 2001, the FDA approved the Generic of Nexium. While in the year 2012, the rights to sell over the counter Nexium was bought from AstraZeneca by Pfizer. The right also expired in the year 2014 and a new drug became available.
When to avoid this medication
- If you are allergic to other PPI drugs
- If you are allergic to the ingredient esomeprazole
- If you are already using drug containing nelfinavir
The cost of the delayed-released capsule 20mg is about $249 for 30 capsules. The price of the drug also varies from one pharmacy store to another, so you can do your own research to find out which is best for you.
Nexium purple pill should be taken an hour before meals. It is also advisable to swallow the tablet whole and not crushed or chewed.
- Prescribed dose for adults: 20 – 40mg. It is should also be taken at least once a day.
- Prescribed dose for children who are 1 – 11 years: 10 – 20mg every day.
What to do when using this medication
Follow doctor’s instructions on how to take the drug
- Check with your doctor to see if you are fit to take the drug
- Read instructions on the prescription label and ask the doctor for an explanation if you do not understand what is written in it.
- Do not crush or chew the tablet.
Signs of overdose
- Fast heartbeat
- Blurred vision
- Excessive drowsiness
Action to take during overdose
The best thing to do if you took an overdose is to contact the poison center immediately.
Will this drug cause problems?
Like other drugs, Nexium can also produce side effects but not everyone will experience it. Some people have used this drug for weeks without reporting any severe side effects while only a few cases have been reported with minor side effects.
Common side effects include:
- Muscle pain
- Abnormal heartbeat
Where to buy Cheap Nexium
You can buy Nexium online at a cheap price from the comfort of your home. Once an order is placed, the drug will be delivered to your doorstep right away. Reputable online pharmacy stores also offer coupons and discounts to make the drug more affordable. Also, make sure you get your medication from a trusted online pharmacy to enjoy the full benefits of this medication.